The Yamaha Clavinova CLP-765GP is an ideal digital piano for your home, giving you stunningly realistic playing feel and sound in an elegant, traditional baby grand cabinet. The Yamaha CLP-765GP features the company’s highly responsive GrandTouch S keyboard with escapement, wooden white keys, and simulated ebony and ivory keytops that wick moisture away from your fingers for optimized playability. The 88-key graded hammer action ensures authentic grand piano feel, while elongated keys offer an eminently smooth playing experience. You’ll be inspired as you hear the CLP-765GP’s binaurally sampled, world-class Yamaha CFX and Bösendorfer Imperial through headphones and savor the enveloping, full-bodied resonance of Virtual Resonance Modeling through the onboard multi-amp speaker system. Instantly record your ideas with the built-in USB audio recorder and save your performances to a USB flash memory device as a WAV audio file. If you’re a serious pianist, don’t settle for anything less than Yamaha’s excellent Clavinova CLP-765GP.
A wealth of new features delivers the finest Clavinova experience ever
The Yamaha Clavinova CLP-765GP delivers an unbelievable acoustic grand piano experience. GrandTouch keyboard action reproduces the touch, feel, and dynamic range of a concert grand better than ever. Looks can be deceiving. The onboard sounds have been expanded from 36 to 38 voices over the previous model. Updated CFX and Bösendorfer binaural samples sound stunning through headphones, while Yamaha’s latest Virtual Resonance Modeling and Grand Acoustic Imaging simulate the vibrations and reverberation of a real acoustic grand piano through the CLP-765GP’s cutting-edge multi-amp speaker system, filling the room with thrilling, hyper-realistic sound. Fortepiano voices now allow you to perform and hear classical compositions authentically, just as the original composers did. Real Grand Expression 2 Modeling simulates the mechanics of the hammers, strings, and internal components of the piano. It all adds up to the most advanced Clavinova ever, the culmination of four decades of continual digital piano development by the world’s premier piano maker.
- Updated Yamaha CFX and Bösendorfer Imperial grand piano samples
- Updated CFX and Bösendorfer Binaural samples for a stunning headphone experience
- Grand Acoustic Imaging re-creates the soundfield of an acoustic grand piano
- Grand Expression 2 modeling simulates a piano’s mechanics and internal components
- 2 Fortepiano voices for authentic original-instrument performances
- Expanded soundset with 38 amazingly lifelike voices
Real Grand Expression 2 gives you the experience of playing an acoustic grand
The authentic feel and response of a real acoustic piano — the Clavinova CLP-765GP delivers it. Yamaha calls it Real Grand Expression 2 — and they should know. They’ve been perfecting their piano-making craft for over a century, and their grand pianos are standard equipment in top studios and on premier concert stages worldwide. Packed with unique, expertly integrated Yamaha technologies, the Clavinova CLP-765GP provides renowned expressive capability as it precisely executes your nuanced musical intent through the responsive touch of its keys and the feel of its pedals. As you play, you’ll revel in the experience of playing an acoustic grand piano.
VRM physical modeling, for stunning realism and expression
In a grand piano, sound resonates throughout the body of the instrument, producing distinctively rich, room-filling reverberation. Yamaha uses their Virtual Resonance Modeling (VRM) to re-create this acoustical phenomenon in the Clavinova CLP-765GP. VRM calculates the various states of the strings from one instant to the next for each of the instrument’s 88 notes. This enables vivid, richly varied expression that reflects the infinite number of factors involved in a live performance, including the velocity with which you strike the keys, which keys are pressed, and your pedal timing. The exhilaratingly lifelike sound that emanates from Yamaha's latest-generation Clavinovas has won over even the most discerning pianists here at Music Experience. You simply must experience it for yourself.
The superb sound and feel of the world’s finest concert grand pianos
The Clavinova CLP-765GP grand piano voices are sourced from premium, hand-selected Yamaha CFX and Bösendorfer Imperial concert grand pianos tuned to perfection by top professional piano tuners. Only then were the sounds meticulously sampled in varying velocities, for a stunningly realistic grand piano sound with smooth tonal transformations perfectly matched to key pressure. From staccato to legato, pianissimo to forte, you hear superbly expressive sound that responds beautifully to your touch. Featuring Yamaha’s Smooth Release technology, CLP-765GP gives you realistic crisp staccatos and luxurious legatos for a nuanced response identical to a real grand piano.
Full-bodied resonance, just like an acoustic piano
In a process analogous to that of an acoustic piano, the Clavinova’s body materials and speaker positioning are meticulously calibrated to ensure that the instrument resonates optimally. To achieve a sonic image uncannily close to a grand piano’s, the CLP-765GP employs tone escape ports in multiple locations throughout the cabinet; this allows the sound from the speakers to be projected naturally to the listener’s ears without getting trapped inside the instrument. The body of the CLP-765GP has Acoustic Optimizers that control tone and regulate the flow of sound, for natural, smooth sonic richness across the entire keyboard range.
What Yamaha Says...
The CLP Series of digital pianos utilizes cutting-edge technology to recreate the experience of performing on a grand piano, allowing the pianist to play the keys with many variations of speed and depth to achieve an unlimited variation in tone and create uniquely personal performances. With expressive capabilities approaching those of a grand piano, the CLP-700 Series is sure to make playing the piano so much more enjoyable than ever before.
Convenience Only Digital Pianos Can Deliver
Clavinova pianos are loaded with convenient features only digital pianos can deliver. You can use headphones to keep your surroundings quiet, or connect a Bluetooth® device to your Clavinova for playback through its speakers. Also, connect to Yamaha’s app, Smart Pianist, to gain extra help for your piano practice. The touch-sensitive control panel only displays text when it is on—when the panel is off, it has the smooth finish of a keyblock just like an acoustic piano.
Enjoy a dialogue with a great piano
The player plays, the piano responds, and the player continues to play. The player conveys the feelings they want to express, and the piano responds, in an ongoing exchange that forges a dialogue between the two. In order for this to be a truly rich exchange, both the player and the piano must possess excellent expressive capabilities; the piano must be easy to play and highly responsive, and it must produce beautiful sounds. CLP-700 Series pianos satisfy all of these conditions, and the inspiration borne from a dialog with it is sure to arouse your desire for expression.
Featuring the latest GrandTouch/GrandTouch-S keyboards with a broad dynamic range of touch and response on the level of a grand piano. Excellent consistency and nuanced expression give the pianist the utmost control over touch.
Grand Expression Modeling is a groundbreaking new technology that enables the pianist to use their techniques to produce the limitless tonal variation unique to grand pianos. The ability to vary the intensity and speed of touch to produce different tones adds another dimension to the joy of musical expression.
Virtual Resonance Modeling performs real-time modeling of the sympathetic resonance created by the behavior of the strings and body of the instrument—the foundation of the beautiful sound of a genuine grand piano. Also, the latest acoustic design technology delivers lifelike concert grand piano tone and resonance to your home for you to enjoy.
Clavinova pianos feature a wealth of preset lesson songs to aid practice and rhythms to add color to your playing, and can also connect to the Smart Pianist app. Also, Bluetooth® audio makes it easy to play your music files through your Clavinova piano. Clavinova pianos are loaded with fun-enhancing features only digital pianos can deliver.
The Allure of the CLP-700 Series
Enjoy the luxurious appearance of a grand piano cabinet with a polished finish, as well as grand piano touch and tone.
- New Yamaha CFX and Bösendorfer Imperial piano samples, new Yamaha CFX and Bösendorfer binaural sampling
- 38 voices, including 2 fortepiano voices (Mozart Piano/Chopin Piano)
- Improved VRM (Virtual Resonance Modeling)
- Grand Expression Modeling
- GrandTouch-S™ keyboard with synthetic ebony and ivory keytops
- (50 W + 42 W) x 2 amplifiers
- (16 cm + 5 cm) x 2 speaker system
- USB Audio Recorder (Playback/Recording: WAV)
- 20 rhythms
- Built-in Bluetooth® audio
- Wireless connection to the Smart Pianist app via Bluetooth® MIDI
Yamaha CLP-765GP Clavinova Digital Grand Piano Features:
- Real Grand Expression 2 conveys the slightest variations in touch to create a limitless palette of sound that reflects your unique musicality
- CFX and Bösendorfer Samples updated with added power, brilliance, brightness and improved touch response for enhanced expression
- GrandTouch S keyboard with wood white keys and simulated ebony and ivory keytops conveys the playing feel of an acoustic grand
- Dual, Duo, and Split keyboard modes for instrument splits and layers, duets, and teacher-student interaction
- 3D Binaural Sampling sounds stunning in your headphones as it re-creates the positioning of the instrument in an acoustic space
- Fortepiano Voices allow you to hear classical compositions authentically, as the original composers did
- Grand Expression Modeling simulates the mechanics of the hammers, strings, and internal components of the piano
- Virtual Resonance Modeling (VRM) for vivid, richly detailed expression that reflects the countless sonic nuances that create the sound of a concert grand piano
- Traditional triple-pedal layout with Damper, Soft, and Sostenuto pedals
- USB recorder; WAV audio playback and recording
- USB-to-Host connectivity for connection to macOS/Windows computers
- 2 stereo Headphone jacks; ideal for quiet late-night duets
- Robust 256-note Polyphony for reliably rich sonic nuance
- Bluetooth audio and MIDI let you connect with your mobile devices to play music or interact with Yamaha’s Smart Pianist app
- Included piano bench
Grace your home with the superb Yamaha CLP-765GP Clavinova!